9 Video and Book Recommendations to Start Your Crypto Journey
Munich, Germany — February 2022 — The amount of information on Bitcoin and Co. has grown enormously in recent years. The high number of available YouTube channels or Twitter accounts with crypto content often makes it a challenge for beginners to find a suitable approach to cryptocurrencies. This article therefore offers crypto newbies concrete video and literature recommendations that can facilitate the entry into the new world of finance.
Please note the following thoughts and hints before you begin:
I personally consider books to be particularly suitable for familiarizing oneself with complex topics. Reading books may be more exhausting and time-consuming than watching short videos or reading articles, but in my opinion the probability of recognizing new complex contexts is much higher with (audio) books. For all crypto enthusiasts who don’t like books that much, there are also video alternatives in the list.
The topic focus of my list is Bitcoin, the mother of all cryptocurrencies. In my estimation, you have understood a significant part of “crypto” if you know Bitcoin well and have learned about Bitcoin from different perspectives (technology, economics, game theory, innovation, etc.).
The recommended content is based on my subjective assessment. The list is certainly not complete and may grow and change over time, so you may find even more than 9 recommendations.
You can start with any video or book below. Enjoy your journey…
- Pritzker, Yan (2019), Inventing Bitcoin: The Technology Behind the First Truly Scarce and Decentralized Money Explained, on Amazon
- Ammous, Saifedean (2018), The Bitcoin Standard: The Decentralized Alternative to Central Banking, on Amazon
- Antonopoulos, Andreas M. (2016), The Internet of Money: A collection of talks by Andreas M. Antonopoulos, on Amazon
- Boyapati, Vijay (2021), The Bullish Case for Bitcoin, on Amazon
- Bhatia, Nik (2021), Layered Money: From Gold and Dollars to Bitcoin and Central Bank Digital Currencies, on Amazon
- Forte, R. (Director). (2021). The Satoshi Mystery — The Story of Bitcoin [Documentary]. ARTE. 6 videos (à ~11 minutes) on arte.tv
- Blockchain 101 — a visual demonstration on YouTube
- aantonop YouTube channel, e.g., Bitcoin and the Coming Infrastructure Inversion
- Whiteboard Crypto YouTube channel, e.g., What is a DAO in Crypto? (Decentralized Autonomous Organization)
In case you are still looking for an understandable step-by-step guide on how to buy Bitcoin, you can find it here: How to Buy and Secure Bitcoin in 7 Steps
If you are concerned about the high energy consumption of the Bitcoin network, you might be interested in my article 5 Arguments to Convince Your Partner to Invest in Bitcoin Despite Its High Energy Consumption.
Do you have questions or comments, or want to provide additional video and book recommendations on crypto? Let’s discuss in the comments or on LinkedIn! I am happy to connect.